Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.
Matt. 21:21 NIV
The Weekly Crow
How You Can Stop Commercial Egg Production Chicken Abuse
Comparison between free range and battery cage hens
How You can make a Difference in a Chicken's Life
Consumers can help the hens and male chicks by distributing flyers, support websitesthat promotehumane treatment of animals and support fund raising activities, raise their own hens, go vegetarian or rescue ‘spent’ hens.
If you witness this type of abuse or work at a commercial egg producing facility that operates under inhumane and unsanitary conditions, he or she should:
The "Free-Range" Myth
• Debeaked with a hot bloody blade at one day old with no anesthetic.
• Force molted (intentionally starved to shock the body into another laying cycle).
• Violently packed into a semi and trucked hundreds of miles to an agonizing slaughter when considered “spent” (unable to keep laying eggs at a fast enough pace).
• Denied the opportunity to live a natural life in truly humane care.
• All of her brothers (roosters) are brutally killed as baby chicks simply because they can’t lay eggs.
The Free Range Myth
Chicken Heaven On Earth Shoppe: Save a Chicken!
SAVE A CHICKEN! Purchase items from Chicken Heaven On Earth's Shoppe and save a chicken! All proceeds go for the care and feeding of Chicken Heaven On Earth's Chickens.